The following environments have been confirmed for running Zen (→What is Zwin?).
Supported operating systems are:
- Ubuntu22.04 LTS
- Arch Linux
Unlike typical PCVR, a high-powered GPU is not required on the PC.
This is because the headset handles rendering in Zwin (→Rendering Scheme)
The PC's GPU must support OpenGL ES 3.2. The following laptop PCs have been confirmed for operation:
- Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen2
- CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80 GHz
- GPU: TigerLake-LP GT2 [Iris Xe Graphics]
Currently, Zwin requires a fast USB cable to reliably send the texture of windows between the PC and headset. Although wireless support is in development, wired connection is currently recommended due to several issues (→Roadmap).
- A port faster than USB3.0 is recommended on the PC side.
- A high-quality cable with enough power supply is required.
- Meta's certified cable is the most recommended.
- Although it is possible to use a low-quality cable, problems such as slow movement of Ray when opening multiple windows may occur.
Compatible with the following headsets:
- Meta Quest 2
- Meta Quest Pro
Although Quest 1 can also be used, it is not recommended due to rendering performance issues.